If only cameras can talk…
All of us at some point blames the camera for missed shots. Our cameras have shutter lag, not sharp enough, slow AF, misfocused, noisy ISO, aperture not wide enough, not fullframe, and a lot of other stuff… What if our cameras can talk back to us?
Here are some stuff I think our cameras will tell us.
- “READ THE F***ng MANUAL” – When we get a new camera, we open the box, get the camera, load the batteries and forget about the manual. It is there for a reason.. to help us use the camera to its best performance. Read it before using google.
- “CHECK YOUR SETTINGS” – Cameras are made by engineers not Artists. Don’t expect it to know how your photos will turn out.
- “HOLD ME RIGHT PLEASE” – We sometimes hold it to look cool not to take cool photos. Learn how to hold your camera properly. It will make your photos avoid blurs or misfocus.
- “STOP LOOKING AT THE SCREEN AND SHOOT!” – We should stop chimping. Shoot more and stop analyzing your photos too much. Learn to be confident with your shots. You should try to have an idea of the final shot before taking one.
- “SORRY BUT I CAN’T HELP YOU TAKE GREAT PHOTOS! LEARN SOME PHOTOGRAPHY YOU DUMBA**!” – The sad reality of all the advancement of camera technology… It will not make you a great photographer. You should understand that photos are made by YOU and not your camera. Filters don’t make stunning photos. Expensive lenses don’t take sharp images on their own. It is YOU.. Yes, YOU who are shooting. The one looking at the camera. The one who bought or borrowed it. Cameras are just tools to help us take photos.
So, do you want your cameras to talk back to you? Better improve your skills before it happens.